WORKDAY - April 15 9AM to 5PM

The next workday will be April 15. 9AM to 5 PM.
Mark your calendars! 2 hours? Great! 4 hours? Better! 8 hours? Amazing!
Any time you can give is greatly appreciated.

All members are invited to attend and help keep the space improving. All of the amazing changes that we have gone through in the last two years have been the result of volunteer efforts.
Come on over and work with your fellow makers and help improve YOUR space.

We will start the day with tacos and my fresh home roasted coffee.
The event officially starts at 9, but get there earlier for a taco and coffee.
We’ll bring pizza in for lunch.

If you have special skills that you would like to offer, let me know, and I’ll get you matched with a project.

The building will be closed for any other activities starting at 8AM, until 5PM.

1 Like

Just my two cents: might be great to post a list of the projects that are on offer in advance and let people sign up. I know that the last time I went to one of these, I could have been way more effective at the stuff we were looking to do if I’d known in advance so I could have brought the right tools and materials for the job.

4 Likes

Great suggestion, and I’m happy to do that.

1 Like

Thanks! Now that I put my foot in my mouth - I guess I gotta sign up and show up! :joy:

4 Likes

Can we get this added to the community calendar as well?

(Ref: Asmbly Events calendar 📆)

1 Like

Done! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This week’s reminder for April 15 work day.
If you know electrical and are willing to help out, please let me know. We have a large project to install some filtration, and smaller projects wiring in outlets in two rooms.

Thanks!

Two weeks away.
Mark your calendars. This is a chance for all members to give a little of their time to help make improvements at Asmbly. If you want to help, but this doesn’t fit your schedule, reach out to me.

I’ll be posting the project list in the next week.

2 Likes

Keep in mind, even just coming by to help clean is a huge help.

5 Likes

Even 30 minutes is a huge help.

2 Likes

Also - workdays are really fun!

4 Likes

It’s almost here! Saturday is workday. Arrive early for coffee and tacos. We start at 9.

Here is a link to the current project list. If you see a project that you want to work on, please let me know. Some of these projects already have a leader. They might need extra help. Many projects will be assigned on Workday.

3 Likes

I will be there to lend a hand!

3 Likes

Sorry, can’t make it this time

Looking forward to it! We’re gonna be installing electrical wiring from the breaker box to three different air filtration units. You’ll have me, a former apprentice electrician, and a fully-fledged journeyman electrician named Andrew. If anyone wants to learn about electrical work, I recommend you stop by tomorrow and lend a hand. You’ll be SHOCKED at how much we might SPARK you interest :sweat_smile:

Come join us and have a blast!

2 Likes

Lots of electrical work tomorrow, if we have the crews. Outlets in Textiles. A power drop in Textiles, and outlets in Electronics.

When is the next workday?

Workdays are usually once a quarter. Id like to start having mini workdays more often.

Are you looking to volunteer, or need something done?

2 Likes

Oh I plan to come to each work day if I can. I was out of town for april though.

Id like to have a laser room work day soon, perhaps 6/10.

3 Likes