Next month marks 1 yr of Asmbly being in full operation and we’d be crazy not to take the opportunity to celebrate all that has happened in such a short time! I wanted to give members a heads up now so that people can save the date and also invite any members interested to get involved in helping to plan and prepare. Here are the deets we have so far:
We’ll grill food (probably something easy like burgers, with veggie option), have door prizes, tours, machine demonstrations, and kids crafts (like laser projects to assemble or anything else people some up with).
@Devmani, @jamesfreeman, and I have been working on getting us donations for some cool door prizes (Harvest Lumber is donating something ). We also want to pursue some media outlets for news coverage if anyone has connections or interest in helping with that (@Keiarra?). There is a list of projects we’re knocking out before the event as well including the lobby which @jamesfreeman has been doing a phenomenal job on.
On the machine demo side, we’d definitely like to have demos for these ones:
- Tarkin – @dannym it would be awesome to have you do some demonstrations showing Tarkin’s power and also showing some of the unique things you have figured out how to do with it.
- CNC – some demonstrations showing various things you can do with the CNC, especially the more creative sculptural things, would be really cool.
- Tormach CNC – the computer driven machines are always really interesting to see I think and this one could be a cool one to highlight to show more metal love as well, although it’s a little difficult to gather many people around it.
- Shaper Origin – @JennChilds or @csader do you have any cool projects lined up you could demonstrate?
- Any other suggestions people have here?
If you have any interest in getting involved and helping, let me know! Would love to have more people involved and there are lots of different ways people can help before, during, or after the event