Help make a simple interactive project for Anniversary Party

We want to make our anniversary party (We're having a party! πŸŽ‰) family friendly with things to keep all ages entertained. One thing that I think would be cool and entertaining for all ages is having an interactive display using this tessellating lizard (or similar design). We could use woodshop scraps to make a low edge frame and cut the lizards out on the laser with a variety of scrap materials to get some color variation.

Would anyone be interested in taking on this project? The party is on 5/28, so we’d just need it completed anytime before then.

1 Like

Hey, would an arduino controlled led strip or something similar be of interest? I think i can come up with something cool. Cant do that project though, sorry.

1 Like

Other interactive projects are certainly welcome as well!

1 Like

I would be happy to help with the tessellating lizard project. I may have a few bits of scrap 1/4" acrylic I can use, but not much variety in color or finish. Does anyone else have usable scrap to contribute?

1 Like

Yay! Thank you @alan! It doesn’t have to be acrylic either. In fact, given that Tarkin can cut through some decent thicknesses of wood, it might be cool to do a mix of different woods or pieces stained different colors. Makers choice! Feel free to mix materials and thicknesses however you see fit. :awesome: