Using Pearl Laser

Now moved to Wiki:

4 Likes

I have added and made some changes to the wiki page.

The origin is coming up set away from where it needs to be, you need to press a few buttons to get it back to the top left. More labels added.

The Chrome browser opens to the Asmbly Wiki page for Pearl, and the monitor has a label to let you know that.

Please refer to the Wiki page. The info here is out of date and will soon be removed so it can’t conflict with the Wiki

I’m changing out that controller somewhere in the near term.

4 Likes

Hi Danny, The pearl laser resume function is not working. If I pause my work and resume, it starts all over again. Is there any settings or something that I’m doing wrong?

@RenuGiri Ah, right, I think someone set Curve Enhancement in the settings. Actually I know it’s set, I’ve seen it slow down a lot on curves that it doesn’t really need to.

The side effect of Curve Enhancement being left set, you can’t resume.

1 Like

Oh ok. I’ll check next time. Thanks for the help. Should I set that setting off?

My design was restarting and was also off a little bit the 2nd time when it restarted. So it was cutting at about 1mm offset from what it cut before pause. I’ll try again next time with that setting off.

Yep, I don’t think it’s going to improve anything TBH. Set Curve Enhancement to off

1 Like

Will do. Thank you Danny

It looks like Pearl was moved farther from the wall causing the power strip for the exhaust switch to no longer reach the wall. Can I plug the exhaust plug directly into the wall and unplug from the wall when I am finished?

Also, I noticed I left some scrap from my Tuesday session off to the side. Sorry about that, I will be more diligent next time!

I went ahead and plugged the exhaust power strip back into the wall with an extension cord for now. We can eliminate the extension cord once we move Pearl back when the new flooring is done being installed.

Hi Danny, The Pearl laser table z is in the lowest position. Possibly moved by an earlier user and I’m unable to move it up by pressing the arrows on the panel. How can I move the cutting table up? Looks like it is stuck. Please advice

Hmm, this is what I did:
Turn off the machine with the main power switch. This will unpower the motor.
Get a paper towel (leadscrew is greased) and grab the leadscrew on the right and manually turn it like one or two turns to lift the table. I think clockwise is correct.
Power it back on, then you should be able to hit “Z” on the right and then the Z UP arrow. Lift it a bit, select “HOME Z” to recalibrate, then Z UP to where you need

I’m planning to replace that control system soon

Pardon my ignorance… not sure which is the lead screw. Is it inside or on the right near the on/off switch

Is it the long screw?

Inside under lid. Right side, under the XY gantry, in the middle when looking from front to back

Yes, long screw. You just need a turn or two to lift it off the z limit switch.

The table is lowered, so the leadscrew is completely exposed and easy to turn

The machine must be unpowered or the stepper motor will lock it in place.

I tried but it isn’t turning.

Sure you have the right direction? And the machine is off?

Yes. Machine is off and clockwise turn… but it doesn’t turn

Probably needs a tool to turn?

No, it’s a little difficult to turn but definitely turns by hand.

I’m headed out to work and this is on the way so I’ll be there in a minute

1 Like