Tarkin online, ready, and running!

That’s processing 5mm plywood at 60mm/s!!!

NO MAKERSPACE CAN REPEL FIREPOWER OF THIS MAGNITUDE!

Cut at more than 2 meters from the source! Because collimation to stabilize the beam field is a really big thing on a large bed!

3 Likes

Cutting 3mm acrylic at 40 mm/s! And, to be honest, I don’t even know if it’s at the best focus and the lens is garbage. I’m just throwing anything I find into it at any speed and it goes through!

1 Like

Wow, that’s so cool! It’s incredibly fast too…

I admit, I was kinda iffy on learning how to use the new laser until seeing this. Looks awesome.

I do believe this is more firepower than any Makerspace in the galaxy

3 Likes

Super exciting! Sharing this post here for added visibility Tarkin Training - action needed!

2 Likes

Ok actually that was a crap lens! Looks like it was 2.5in, which explains why I was fighting the beam clipping the cone for WAY too long in setting it up. Now it has a II-VI CVD 2" on it.

It will now clean cut 5mm plywood at 75mm/s and cuts the same at 2.6m (lower right corner) as the upper left nearfield.

I think literally no other machine can DO that.

5mm plywood
9.28mm tall font at 75mm/s at 2.6m

Unbelievable!!

2 Likes

I just one-passed 11.25mm (1/2") plywood at 15mm/sec with a 2" lens

1/2" plywood

1 Like

3 Likes

Very impressive! That is lightning fast

Amazing!! thanks to everyone who got it up and running! Is there an organized course to run through anything new/different from other lasers?

Ignore that - I found the form on the other thread!

1 Like

Cutting 1/2" plywood at 12mm/sec. Brought it down a little further and the letters came out with clean cut through at 15mm/sec.

2 Likes

Some joker leaves 1/2" black acrylic labeled “SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT” on Tarkin

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

8mm/sec

2 Likes

18mm plywood, 5mm/sec

4 Likes

Challenge Crushed!!! @MMcATX

1 Like

That’s AWESOME!!! :awesome:

@dannym I’ve been asking in other places but maybe you haven’t seen it. Can you please upload clips like this to the Asmbly Drive so I can make a Tarkin promo video with them?

One big discovery of note, the dwell time or overcut functions on the Ruida to try to compensate for tube lag in starting is NOT necessary with this machine. The beam response is always instantaneous

Cool, did you see my messages requesting raw footage for the promo video? I’d really love to make that this weekend so the Mailchimp announcement of Tarkin can make the biggest splash possible.