State of the TIG machine and classes?

I’ve sort of lost track of the TIG machine situation, but is it back up and running? If it is, are there any plans to have TIG classes again anytime soon? :slight_smile:

Let me know if there’s anything I can help out with if there are still things “in progress” with the TIG machine. Thanks!

Heh, realizing it’s confusing to keep track because the new one is mentioned in the “No more Miller TIG welder” post :sweat_smile:

It is indeed up and running. I’m not sure when @JoeN may be teaching the next TIG class.

2 Likes

I’m pretty booked till the last weekend of April. I’m travelling a bunch for high school robotics.

2 Likes

Hi all, I had a TIG class today in the morning and we ran out of Ar Gas (both bottles in the shop are now empty) and I’d like to get our new users practicing their newly acquired skills into practice @ncatranis, @texorcist, I can’t find Canons handle. What is the process to get new Ar gas for the shop? I know AriGas can hook us up with more Ar but I don’t know where we typically get our consumables from. If someone can reimburse me I’d be more than willing to take the two empty bottles to AirGas Monday morning or wherever we currently get our consumables from to have them re-filled. Let me know what we can do. Thanks you.

2 Likes

I normally take them to Texas welding supply for refill and get reimbursed

2 Likes

Thanks, @JoeN and @Andres79. Let me know if you need some muscle with those tanks.

1 Like

Hi Andres, I’ll be attending your TIG class next Sunday. Should I bring any gear or materials for the class or will everything be provided? Looking forward to meeting you.

Hi Rebecca, I would recommend you bring goatskin gloves for TIG welding, or any leather glove thin enough that they don’t keep you from being dexterous. Also closed toed shoes (steel toe boots recommended but not necessary), long cotton pants, long sleeved shirt also cotton and if possible, fire resistant. I’ll include an image of the PPE I use when I TIG weld. I buy my goatskin gloves at AirGas or you can probably also find a pair at Texas Weld Supply.

1 Like

@Andres79 I’m in the break room where the 3D printers are. I have the gear, too.