Should i hang up my finished 2x2 piece? or wait for an event?

I just attached the pic wire to mine and plan to hang it before the CNC SIG tomorrow morning.

2 Likes

And then there were four.

I removed all the scrap hanging. I rehung submissions to have the center of each submission about 6’ above the ground and 10" from the submission next to it. All to give a pleasing gallery appearance. Great work everyone!

5 Likes

Bringing mine in soon. Still trying to determine where to set the hanging wire so it doesn’t dip so far forward.

3 Likes

I’ll be in tomorrow night to take pictures for voting, so the deadline is more like 6p Monday night :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

There are six now!

1 Like

@bwatt I read your project page. Thanks for including that! Was interesting to read the inspiration and technical processes.

Oooo. Six is outstanding! And glad you enjoyed the write-up.

2 Likes

This was a cool challenge and I like the diversity of entries - so many different colors/shapes/sizes starting from the same source material.

3 Likes

Quick friendly reminder to people who participated in the competition to check their email and respond to the Doodle for when we have the gallery gathering. I’ll be including info on it in the newsletter tonight, so if you want input be sure to respond soon!

@valerie If you need any help hanging, leveling, or arranging the submissions, I was thinking about stopping by before your 6 pm today deadline and photograph session.

1 Like

Sounds great @bwatt! See you tonight

1 Like

And then there were 6.

4 Likes

Fantastic job getting them all level and evenly spaced!

6 Likes

As mentioned in the Monthly newsletter 10/3/23, the 2x2 Gallery Showing will be Friday 10/6 at 7pm. Voting is also officially open! Click here to cast your vote for your favorite piece!

1 Like

Think you mean 10/6 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, thank you!! :sweat_smile: My dad’s bday was yesterday so I was all in 10/3 mode. Thankfully I didn’t mess it up in the newsletter!

FYI - I made an easier URL for the voting form to help with those sharing on IG (including us :sweat_smile: ) — asmbly.org/2x2-vote

Don’t forget! The 2x2 Gallery Showing is tonight at 7p! Hope to see y’all there!

I feel bad to have missed the opening, but my sweetheart and I had theater tickets at Bass Hall on the UT campus. I hope it went well and if anyone has pictures please post them. I’d love to see them.

3 Likes

Tomorrow will be the last day to vote! If you haven’t already shared the link with your family and friends, do so quick! http://asmbly.org/2x2-vote

1 Like