Should i hang up my finished 2x2 piece? or wait for an event?

That’s funny…reminds me of the Danish artist who submitted two framed blank canvases to the museum of modern art in 2021. Apparently, people were going nuts over his brilliant “art statement” lol.

He took approximately $75,000 for this. Last I heard the museum sued him for breach of contract.

1 Like

Back in the day my first wife and I helped young parents with home births. I’m pretty sure that the big tool in the center is forceps used to take hold of a baby’s head to allow the obstetrician to guide the baby’s head out of the vagina. Maybe that’s more than people wanted to know.

1 Like

Lol all of the women walking by are like :grimacing::face_with_spiral_eyes: so we can tell

1 Like

I think he titled the pieces “Take the Money and Run”, which is art by itself.

2 Likes

“The court’s judgment deducted roughly $5,700 from the full loan amount to serve as Haaning’s artist’s fee and viewing fee, since the museum nonetheless exhibited the blank canvases in its “Work It Out” show.”

2 Likes

Getting a little bit back on the topic.

I went to ASMBLY today to check out the Gallery Wall in the MPR. The medical equipment pseudo-submission was removed. And two additional submission pieces have been hung. That’s great and both are lovely pieces of work - very good submissions.

I’ve been having troubles sliding the hook left and right to level my 2x2 because my picture hanging wire is plastic coated and the hook gap is too narrow. So I’m printing a new set of hooks in black PETG that have a wider hook gap (was 3mm now 6mm). I’ll drop them off tomorrow sometime and put them in the little plastic snack bag that is on the whiteboard.

Also I hung a description page beneath my submission on the same filament with another hook. I don’t know if that’s allowed and if it isn’t I can easily remove it. I felt that some people like to know the “behind the scenes” or “the making of …” to better understand the maker’s motivations, thoughts, and processes for the work.

Finally, my submission is a puzzle with loose pieces and I’m worried that the pieces may fall out. Especially because the submission is tilting forward. I’ve added additional padding to the bottom to hold it further off the wall to reduce the tilt, but I’m still concerned. So next I’m going to try to use a hanging bracket near the very top of the frame. If anyone else is worried about their submission tilting too much I’m open to suggestions.

Sunday is October 1st and it is our submission date. I’ll be in the MPR with other members of the CNC SIG at 9 AM - 11 AM for our monthly meeting. If you need assistance hanging your submission I’d be glad to help, please send me a message so we could arrange to meet sometime after the meeting. I’ll have a laser level to help get things adjusted too.

4 Likes

I just attached the pic wire to mine and plan to hang it before the CNC SIG tomorrow morning.

2 Likes

And then there were four.

I removed all the scrap hanging. I rehung submissions to have the center of each submission about 6’ above the ground and 10" from the submission next to it. All to give a pleasing gallery appearance. Great work everyone!

5 Likes

Bringing mine in soon. Still trying to determine where to set the hanging wire so it doesn’t dip so far forward.

3 Likes

I’ll be in tomorrow night to take pictures for voting, so the deadline is more like 6p Monday night :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

There are six now!

1 Like

@bwatt I read your project page. Thanks for including that! Was interesting to read the inspiration and technical processes.

Oooo. Six is outstanding! And glad you enjoyed the write-up.

2 Likes

This was a cool challenge and I like the diversity of entries - so many different colors/shapes/sizes starting from the same source material.

3 Likes

Quick friendly reminder to people who participated in the competition to check their email and respond to the Doodle for when we have the gallery gathering. I’ll be including info on it in the newsletter tonight, so if you want input be sure to respond soon!

@valerie If you need any help hanging, leveling, or arranging the submissions, I was thinking about stopping by before your 6 pm today deadline and photograph session.

1 Like

Sounds great @bwatt! See you tonight

1 Like

And then there were 6.

4 Likes

Fantastic job getting them all level and evenly spaced!

6 Likes

As mentioned in the Monthly newsletter 10/3/23, the 2x2 Gallery Showing will be Friday 10/6 at 7pm. Voting is also officially open! Click here to cast your vote for your favorite piece!

1 Like