OpenPath Storage Lockers

You may have noticed the large new cabinet near the Wood Turning area. These are our new OpenPath storage lockers, built by @Allzman, @jiggliemon, and @Jon.

These are important for our Specialty Tools, allowing controlled secure storage, in the shop. The Shaper Origin, the Festool Domino and our new Makita Tracksaw will be kept in these lockers. As we add to the Specialty Tool capability, they will be kept in these lockers.

If you have taken the appropriate classes and are certified to use the tools, your OpenPath credentials will be updated. Waive your phone over the OP reader on the cabinet, and the buttons controlling the doors you have access to will light up. Press the appropriate button, reach in and grab the tool.

More info on Specialty Tools following shortly.

3 Likes

This sounds like a nice solution to the controlled tools process. Thanks for pulling this together, y’all!

It does raise a question I’ve been meaning to ask about in general: will this work with the optional key fob access devices as well as the OpenPath phone app? (My understanding is that we still support optional key fobs for members, yes? I don’t personally have one, but I’ve been thinking of requesting one because I’d prefer it to always pulling my phone out.)

Yes. If you have a key fob that is registered in OpenPath, it will open the lockers. Key fobs are added to your OP credentials.

2 Likes

Is there a point person for OpenPath issues? I took the domino/track saw class on 4/22 but I’m not seeing access come through on OpenPath. Otherwise, love this system and the ability for the shop to host and maintain precision tools!

You should be good to go with the OpenPath access

1 Like

Hello! Was wondering if there is point person to grant access for the shaper origin storage (open path). I took the shaper origin class last month (04/09/2023 01:00 PM - 03:00 PM CT) and don’t see it yet in
Many thanks!

@juggernaut Have you tried recently? I just took a look at your account and it was marked in Neon, and Openpath is showing that you have access to the Shaper Origin cabinet.

Oh my bad. I see it now under “all”. Thanks!