New desks for the lasers!

You might remember we had a design competition back in February (Laser Room Workstation Design Contest! 🎁). @mark999 won this competition and this past weekend, the two of us worked on turning his design into reality!

We got two of the desks completed and half the parts for the other two cut out (please excuse the storage of extra parts around Blue!). There is still some detail work to do with the QR codes and monitor arm to add on the desk for Blue, but they turned out so great!!!

Humongous shout out to @mark999 for all his work on this designing, cutting, and putting it together!

5 Likes

Also big thanks to @jamesfreeman for picking up and transport the sheet materials for this project and the member who helped me move these sheets to the panel saw so I could cut them down to size for Tarkin’s bed (I’m sorry I forgot to ask your name :woman_facepalming:t2:)!

BTW if you haven’t used the panel saw before, you really should! It’s awesome and super easy to use. Don’t believe the lies written on it. It DOES cut straight.

3 Likes

@valerie and @mark999 worked a long day on Sat. I saw them still working at 10:30pm when I left. The hard work paid off it looks great!

3 Likes

Very very impressive. Nice work. They look great in the room. Thanks for the pictures too.

2 Likes

@JoeN Sunday was similar but we didn’t start as early that day :sweat_smile:

Thanks @bwatt!

1 Like

Tommy and I spent several hours today working at Tarkin on the new Marquetry class and, in combination with the tall stools, we found the new set-up very effective.

Kudos to you and Mark on a job well done!

4 Likes

The tables look awesome!

2 Likes

Travis and I got to use them yesterday. I really liked being able to stand and work, especially when making quick changes to Lightburn. The scale that is cut into the top surface is a nice addition. Thanks to all involved.

2 Likes

Glad y’all like 'em!

1 Like

All 4 desks are complete now :awesome: They could still use some edge and QR code finishing if anyone is interested in helping with that. I have some clear polyacrylic and foam brushes in coworking for them.

1 Like