Neon seems to be down

Hey all, I am a new member and was just signing up for a bunch of classes. Neon had been working, but for the last 20 minutes or so all I get when I try to sign up for a class is the attached error, so I think something may need some attention. Thanks!

1 Like

Sorry for the delayed response on this @kentsugi. We’ve been testing member portal functionality as we have rolled out the new portal and didn’t come across this issue anywhere along the way. We can open a case with Neon to try to figure out what’s going on, but I have a request that may or may not be weird depending on your background…

It seems there is some kind of network issue at play here and since we haven’t been able to replicate it, it’s a little difficult to get help from them on it. One thing that would help the Neon team get to the bottom of it more quickly is to have network traffic info that shows what’s going on with the site when the issue occurs. It’s pretty simple to do even if you’re not familiar with this stuff. Email membership@asmbly.org like @stepho mentioned and we can walk you through it.

CC @ashleyrlee and @mkmiller6 so y’all know about this one if/when an email comes through

I’m a software engineer by trade so I am very familiar with how to collect this data and will be happy to do that. At the moment the site appears to be available for me again, so hopefully it will just stay that way, but if it doesn’t I will grab more debugging info. Thanks!

1 Like

Perfect, thanks so much @kentsugi! Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.