Low Volume Manufacturers Meetup

works for me too

I should be able to make that one. Friday’s are tough for me to do…

Hey all! So, since the zoom account is being used on Tuesday, could everyone switch to Wednesday that week? 3/24 at 7:30pm?

The Zoom is also being used that night (board meeting). Here’s the standing meeting schedule:
Tuesdays - Orientation 7:00-8:00 (sometimes goes a little later though)
Wednesdays (1st, 2nd, & 4th) - 7:30-9 member and board meetings

We have a few classes on the schedule that also use the Zoom, e.g. day 1 of CNC with James (Saturday early evening) and 3D printing with Greg. I’ve been thinking I should maybe make a calendar to show when the Zoom is in use to help with this sort of thing. It’s a little low on my priority list right now with other things going on, but I’ll do it soon. I don’t think we ever have anything Sunday or Monday evenings so far.

I can host the meeting, either of those nights

1 Like

Just an FYI, I don’t use the shop’s Zoom account for my class.

Oh good to know! We have Zoom meetings scheduled for your classes, I’ll go ahead and delete those. Side note, if you are using the same Zoom link every time for your class, I can set up the class registration email to include that info if you want. Just DM me the info and I’ll add it in.

Quick question on the zoom meeting blockers. Can we use the admin account to set up a meeting, but have the host set to someone other than the admin account? Or just set up the meeting to not require a host? I would think one of those ideas may be possible, and might allow two meetings to happen at one time.

We only pay for 1 host license which means we can only have one meeting running at a time and only 1 login (which isn’t much of a problem because we’ve been able to share that pretty easily through LastPass). I’m getting accounts set up this week under the nonprofit and it looks like Zoom is one of the many softwares we will be able to get at a discounted rate as a nonprofit, so hopefully we can bump this up very soon to be able to have two at a time!

Wow, Zoom is way more complex than I thought. Seems way more complicated than it needs to be, but I guess that’s how they get ya…

@jamesfreeman Do you want to host the Zoom meeting Wednesday 3/24 at 7:30pm?

@JoeN @Joshcross @David78737 @LivingOnTheEdgeKupec @aahamp2 @CLeininger @Maz Does that day and time work for y’all?

That works for me, as long as there isn’t a shop meeting that night. And no problem with hosting.

Works for me. I have a zoom too, but it is limited to 45 min.

Thanks! Steve

Steve Kupec, Owner
Living on the Edge Woodwork
LivingOnTheEdgeWoodwork@gmail.com
512-473-9796

https://www.livingontheedgewoodwork.com/

I just saw that I’m actually teaching the woodshop class that night. Feel free to have it without me though and I’ll catch the recording.

I’ll be on a flight, but go ahead without me and I’ll catch the next one.

Charles

Am I reading this right? Having a meeting in July?

1 Like

Oops! Thanks for pointing that out! Nope, this month 3/24. I must have had the 7:30pm part in my head as I typed the date.

lol ok… I can’t do this wednesday either :rofl: Sorry y’all!

Here is a poll for a new date for this meetup. Let’s try this and see if we can find a day that works for most of us.

For this poll: click on one of the options and you’ll be prompted to enter your name. Once you enter your name you’ll be able to select Yes, Maybe, or No for each date.

@JoeN @Joshcross @David78737 @LivingOnTheEdgeKupec @aahamp2 @CLeininger @Maz @kingkeyan

It looks like Thursday, April 1st has the least scheduling conflicts.

Next meet up will be Thursday, April 1st at 7:30pm with a presentation on sales & marketing channels.

@valerie is the zoom available on that day and time?

Yes it is @Mollie! I’ll add the event in Neon and put the Zoom info in the registration email (will get that up later tonight and post the link here).