Low Volume Manufacturers Meetup

Hey everyone!

In case you don’t know me my name is Josh. I sometimes run the Woodshop Safety class and otherwise mostly use the woodshop and lasers.

I was chatting with @Mollie earlier and we’re thinking about starting a monthly meet up for anyone interested in or involved with low volume manufacturing. In other words, those of us that have an Etsy store or similar where you’re producing your product on your own still.

For now it would simply be a chance to connect with others to chat about hurdles you’re facing, services you use for things like packaging and shipping, etc.

If you’d be interested in participating just leave a little comment below. Unless it doesn’t work for a lot of people we’ll do the first one on Feb 17th at 7pm.

1 Like

This sounds great @Joshcross! Let us know if you want us to setup a Zoom for you since we aren’t doing physical meetups at the space right now.

@JossCross
Most definitely interested. Spoke with @Mollie re this and great idea

Thanks for initiating it

Thanks for posting Josh! 2/17 works for me! It will be fun to connect with others making products. I’ve definitely learned a lot about jigs and making things repeatbale from other members at the space.

@valerie a zoom link would be great!

I spoke with a friend who I thought would be interested in this group and have something to contribute. Maz. @Mollie you know him as “the barset guy.” He knows the HS but is not a member. Putting it out there asking for guidance on his participation (when it happens) when he’s not a member.

Thoughts?

I’m new to ATXHS and one of my goals in joining is to meet other folks that are doing small scale manufacturing, so the timing of your meetup idea is perfect. I recently landed an ongoing wholesale contract (woodworking). While it has the potential for some excellent revenue, it is certainly a challenge to make production efficient and profitable as a solo operation. I will be traveling but will try to make the Zoom meeting on the 17th.

2 Likes

Invite them for sure! It’s a great way to introduce people to the space and get them interested in joining. The Aquaponics Discussion we had a few weeks ago was a free open session to all. We set it up in Neon as a free event open to everyone. I can set this one up similarly.

@Joshcross would you want me to put any extra registration questions in the event? Maybe a field for instagram and/or website?

Yea, both of those would be great!

OK, got it added into Neon with Zoom info sent in the registration email. You can find it on atxhs.org/atxhs-classes, through your member portal here, or directly at this link.

@Joshcross, you are set to get a blind copy of registrations to make it easy to see when people sign up. I’ll email you to discuss more.

Thank you for setting this up, Valerie! Looking forward to chatting with everyone.

1 Like

I would like to connect the gentleman who is not a member with perhaps @Joshcross or @valerie to get the necessary credentials to participate in this meeting. That was I don’t have to be the conduit. I can be the conduit, just think direct communication is better.

Please advise.

Just send him the info I posted above and tell him to register for the event.

I’m very down for this. Count me in.

Be sure you register for the event if you would like to attend! It is free and open to anyone.

I signed up for this meeting. Who is hosting the meeting?

Josh Cross I think

I can host it

From Joseph Ngo to Everyone: 07:29 PM

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 922 4726 9201

Passcode: 575133

One tap mobile

+13462487799,92247269201#,*575133# US (Houston)

+16699006833,92247269201#,*575133# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

Meeting ID: 922 4726 9201

Passcode: 575133

Find your local number: https://austinisd-org.zoom.us/u/aDkITBL17

Thank you for your interest! Steve

Steve Kupec

Owner, Living on the Edge Woodwork

Cell: 512-473-9796

https://www.livingontheedgewoodwork.com/

We had an intro meeting tonight. I know that many people who wanted to join were without power or wifi. I propose a meeting for next Friday. How about 5pm? Stay safe and warm in the mean time. Chime in if you are interested?