Low Volume Manufacturers Meetup

Hey all,

Sorry, I didn’t make it last night. I’m without water or electricity so it slipped my mind.

I like the idea of doing another one Joe! And that time should work for me.

Josh

I’m good for that as well

Friday at 5:00

I tried to move a class that is scheduled from 4 till 7. Students signed up and I can’t move it. I can reschedule for after 7pm on Friday? Or hold the meeting without me?

Hey Joe!

I talked with Mollie today and she let me know how the first one went. Sorry, I didn’t make it. I was somewhere in the midst of last week’s chaos.

After 7 works for me, and from what Mollie told me does for her as well.

I was going to propose that we add a little structure to the meet ups. Something like 15 minute networking/everyone logs in, a presentation by one of the members on a topic pertaining to low volume manufacturing, then some Q&A/general discussion and wrap up with teaser for next session. Mollie also suggested having a hot seat session sometimes where someone tosses out an issue they’re having or are concerned with and the group kinda workshops it.

If we were to go that route I could do a presentation on Friday about what low volume manufacturing is and what the purpose of the group will be.

Josh

@valerie could you setup another event for tomorrow night from 7:30 - 8:30? I know it’s kinda last minute but I know at least 3 of us are available.

No worries! I just cloned the last one, event page here https://atxhs.z2systems.com/event.jsp?event=3869&

I’m sending you the Zoom login via email, if you have a chance to test it out today to make sure you can get in please do and email me back if you have any problems.

I plan on participating.

Just to make sure I’m on the right page, what time is the meeting tonight, and what’s the zoom link?

The meeting will go from 7:30-8:30. The Zoom link and information is below. I’ll confirm with everyone who joins but I do plan to record it so anyone who misses it or wants to refer back to it is able to.

ATX Hackerspace is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Low Volume Manufacturers Meetup
Time: Feb 26, 2021 07:30 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84798592728

Meeting ID: 847 9859 2728
One tap mobile
+13462487799,84798592728# US (Houston)
+12532158782,84798592728# US (Tacoma)

Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 847 9859 2728
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/keEvmkQh4N

1 Like

Sorry I’m exhausted and won’t be attending this meeting

Hey all! Thanks @Joshcross for the presentation on low volume manufactering and the purpose of our group last week!

It sounds like everyone feels good about doing presentations some months and when we have two members with projects they want to workshop we’ll do a hotseat event.

Next month’s presentation will be a summary of the pros and cons for different sales channels presented by me.

Please post ideas for any other presentation topics you’d like to see in the future!

• shipping resources
  • pricing formulas
  • SEO
  • designing with production in mind
  • etc

Do we want to stick with the fourth friday for our schedule?

3 Likes

Excited for that!

Friday evenings typically the best for me. Could we do a different week day night?

@Joshcross do you mean Friday’s aren’t typically good? Yeah I’m down to pick a different day. Mondays and Tuesdays are usually good for me.

Whoops! Yea, they tend to not be great but Tuesday would be good.

How about Tuesday 3/23 at 7:30pm for the next one?

@Joshcross @JoeN @David78737 @jamesfreeman @LivingOnTheEdgeKupec @aahamp2 @CLeininger @Maz

Perfect!

Just so you know, we wouldn’t be able to host the Zoom on Tuesday evenings since that’s when we host orientation sessions (hopefully on a weekly basis soon, there is one scheduled 3/23 already). If someone else has a Zoom they want to use, we can set that up in the registration email.

I have a meeting till 8pm on Tuesday

@Mollie Works for me!