Call for Volunteers: Creating a Video Library

Call for Volunteers: Creating a Video Library

Duration of Project:
Ongoing

Number of Volunteers Needed:
At least 3 core members with calls for more volunteers to meet short-term goals

Project Description:
Asmbly aims to develop a comprehensive video library comprising maintenance guides for steward reference and instructional content for member use regarding equipment handling.

Project Goals:
The goal is to offer readily accessible educational resources in situations where steward assistance is unavailable, and to reduce equipment wear and tear resulting from user errors.

Volunteer Roles Needed:

• Project Lead: Coordinate volunteers, develop a timeline, and ensure project progress.
  • Info Gatherer: Determine required videos and content coverage.
  • Copywriter: Draft outlines/scripts for the videos.
  • Filmmaker: Capture and edit footage.
  • Demonstrators: Perform tasks on camera and potentially provide voiceovers.

Time Commitment:
While this project demands significant time investment, maintaining a core group of 2-3 volunteers allows for flexibility with additional volunteers phasing in and out. The timeline will be determined by the core group.

Contact Information:
If interested, please respond to this thread. If there’s sufficient interest, I’ll arrange a meeting.

Additional Notes:
Volunteer hours for this project do count towards free membership.

2 Likes

I am interested. This is my old showreel. (https://youtu.be/CJC1oP-rbZU?si=kRa5uQAT2chyET2X)

1 Like

I am interested particularly in the info gatherer role.

1 Like

I am interested in helping intermittently.

1 Like

Throwing my hat in the ring since I went to school for video production.
I’m not great at writing scripts since I have a tendency to be too verbose, but filming/editing/sound recording are right up my alley.

1 Like

If you need someone to do voiceover, I’m available.

I can sight read and voice act natural performances.

2 Likes

I’d like to help intermittently as well. I can help organize the project, info gathering and the backup video capture/editing.

1 Like

Awesome! I’m going to reach out next week to figure out a time to meet. :tada:

2 Likes

I have a bit of database architecture and networking previous experience. Let me know if y’all decide to self host the video library and I’ll be able to help y’all set up a machine/network (much more experience in gluttonous home networking) to host the video library and get it to play well with video players/codecs that exist already within most web browser tool-chains. If that’s a bit too fancy-pants I can assist in converting all processed (editing voiceover etc) video files into the .webm file formats to dramatically reduce their file sizes without sacrificing either audio or video quality

Hey everyone!

If you’re keen to be part of this project, please let me know which of these times works best for you to join a 90-minute Zoom call. During the call, we’ll assign roles, set a timeline, and discuss next steps!

• Thursday, May 16th, 6-730PM
  • Friday, May 17th, 3-530PM
  • Friday, May 17th, 530-7PM
  • Friday, May 24th, 3-530PM
  • Friday, May 24th, 530-7PM
  • Sunday, May 26th (comment with availability)
0 voters

Looking forward to it!

@harryh @DanHawn @EAK58 @OctopusDream

1 Like

Brilliant @Sid it’s so awesome to see someone else who appreciates and uses the word “keen” it’s truly under utilized here in the states :facepunch:t2::call_me_hand:t2::facepunch:t2::+1:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

Friday, May 17th, 3-530PM
Friday, May 24th, 3-530PM

These are 2.5hr sessions in stead of 1.5.

RIP :headstone: :sweat_smile:

It’s been a long few days. I can’t edit it, so if you choose one of those time slots, please clarify your availability in a comment. Thank you!

Open availability outside of mon, tues, thurs 6pm-9pm!
As usual, id be very interested! Thanks :blush:

Hi, Sid. The link for the schedule survey isn’t working for me for some reason. It may be because I am out of the country. I am 7 hours ahead of you, so anything late in the day in Austin is out. I get back in early June. I will contact you then and see if anything else is needed.

1 Like