Woman's Way awards — Shout out 📣

As many of you know, we had the privilege of making the awards that Austin Woman magazine presented at their 8th annual Woman’s Way Business Awards Gala last night. @Mollie and I worked up this design and worked tirelessly with @Jordanva2 and @torchedguitar to get 12 of these made (along with a few extras for practicing/keepsakes :grin:). It was a laborious, but fun and educational process using several mediums and shop areas.

This is the one we made for Asmbly to keep in the lobby —

Machines used:

• Jointer
  • Swift CNC
  • Miter saw
  • Table saw (with cross cut sled and miter gage)
  • Dorian laser
  • BSR

We learned a lot in this project in various steps along the way and had some “oh sh!t” moments to recover from like the breaker for the lasers popping during a cut. We’ve been talking about having an info session on how these were made and things we’d do differently if people are interested in learning more about this. Let us know if you’d be interested in attending a session on this!

Everyone at the event last night was excited and impressed by the awards. If anyone at Asmbly wanted to do award making as a business offering, there seems to be a good market for that (a lot of what’s available to buy today is pretty meh)! We had a lot of interest in Asmbly at our vendor table during the event and made several connections we’re excited to follow up with. Big thank you to @ashleyrlee and @dingusfarms for joining to help represent and spread the word about Asmbly!

Here are a few pics from the gala —

14 Likes

Really slick work at combining so many different skills and tools!

2 Likes

Those look awesome. I volunteered to make awards for my company’s next annual off-site meeting, so I’d be very interested in more info on how those were made.

2 Likes

We just posted the behind the scenes video on the YouTube channel in case anyone is interested. If there is enough interest in a session on the process, we’ll look at some dates for that (probably late July or August).

8 Likes

This is a great video! Thanks for putting this together - I agree we learned so much throughout this project, and I would be happy to contribute in any way if there is a session later this summer

4 Likes