Wifi connectivity issues?

I think the AP might need a reboot, or something else funky is going on.

I can see the SSID but it asks for a password which my devices already know. It connects for a second then disconnects and does this a few times, can’t actually stay connected to it.

I noticed the wifi sign has gone awol also?

You try completely resetting the internet on your device by turning it fully off and on, and resetting your device itself? If neither of those works, an access point reset might be good. May be good to have it reset on a timer (say when ASMBLY is closed) in order to keep connections strong. Also, just a thought, but do we have a dedicated DNS server set up for the shop? Would be a good simple RPi project that would help everyone get a much stronger connection, and we could actually make affordable wifi extenders with RPis if we wanted as well.

There is a wifi sign above the front door. The goal is to not have them visible from outside. But I do belueve a few of the other signs have gone missing.

The local connectivity data looked fine, but all APs have been rebooted anyway. We will not be homebrewing any networking gear.

4 Likes

Makes sense. I’d people try to mess with it and don’t know enough about networking, it could pose a security risk. Thanks for the reboot.