What to do when storage overflows?

Hi,

I wasn’t sure what to do but I had to rent a van to move some stuff to the space and I only had time to store it today. It’s some large polycarbonate sheets. I had to put the sheets to the side where others had as there wasn’t any room left in the orange rack. Also the tape was missing and the tickets where out so I just wrote my info on a sheet of paper and pinched the paper between the sheets. I can come in tonight briefly or Monday afternoon to provide a better solution but I wasn’t able to do that today. It’s sitting there but please let me know if there’s a better way to store that. It will be out before Wednesday.

Is it ok to leave that stuff there? What is the best solution here?

1 Like

We do need to clean out the sheet storage rack. I know of a few sheets of abandoned 3/4 there. A piece of paper works, so long as your name, date and phone number are on it. So long as your not blocking equipment or shop access, it should be okay for a couple of days.

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks! If you see some polycarbonate sheets when your cleaning it all up its probably from me. I’ll stop by tomorrow with some tape and get them better situated if I can

3 Likes

Hey, I’m interested in your source for large polycarb sheets. Looking at Regal Plastics since I used them years ago in San Antonio but if you’ve done some shopping around for the best prices, I’d love to know if there’s a place with better prices.

Looking at 1/4in to 3/8in (or equivalent) 2ft x 4ft and 4ft x 8ft clear, untinted sheets of the stuff

I don’t know about polycarb but I use Allied Plastics. Regal was much more “oh we sell to businesses we don’t carry x y z oooh thats expensive are you suuuure? blah blah” and Lance at allied is willing to get whatever I wanted. Its also right next to the makerspace and Regal was charging 35 to do cuts while Allied doesn’t.

Allied will only sell full 4x8 sheets though but theyll cut it.

I didn’t find it cheap anywhere unfortunately. For once mcmaster wasn’t way over priced and I bought it from there. I limited my self to places that I could find prices for online which likely increases the cost I would imagine.