We now have a mug heat press in textiles

We now have a mug heat press in textiles. Unfortunately I don’t have a sublimation blank to try out with it just yet. If anyone with sublimation skills and the right blank wants to give it a go. The user manual is tucked in below.

4 Likes

I’ve got some mug blanks I’ll bring up sometime this week.

4 Likes

We might consider a water bucket for the mug press. Mugs retain heat pretty well, which can cause the sublimation to “overexpose” and get blurry. Also theyre super hot to the touch. Dunking in the water bucket fixes this problem.

1 Like

I have zilch experience in this area, so I am open to any and all suggestions

1 Like

Love this depth of knowledge and experience

I put a box of mug blanks behind the white curtain directly beneath the mug press, free for all to use.

6 Likes

Thanks @lukeg that is really helpful especially as people are figuring out the perfect formula for using this!

This location makes sense from a proximity standpoint, but behind the curtain under the table here is actually where we store incoming packages. I wonder if this could fit in the modular shelves? @stepho probably has good ideas on this.

I’m sure we can get it sorted tonight at the Sew Social.

Sorry Tommy I didn’t see that you already had some!

1 Like

Thanks for bringing them. This is a case of “more is better!”

1 Like

@lukeg - could you post some pictures of the efforts from this evening? And share the settings (time, temp, pressure) you used?

1 Like

I think our settings were 350 degrees for 170 seconds. Mugs have moved to beneath the MH871 vinyl cutter. Also printed out the slightly more detailed instructions from the HPN site and stuck them under the press. There is a lot of variation in suggested times and temps, so it seems a bit tolerant of variations.

1 Like

One more for the Sawgrass settings

4 Likes

Very cool! Can the mug press used with other cups like tumblers? Exciting new stuff!

1 Like

You can use any sublimation blank that fits

1 Like