Vinyl Cutter issues

Jon wasn’t able to get the vinyl cutter working with the new computer before he left town for a while, and the old computer’s monitor failed. I was able to get the old computer working with the new monitor by borrowing the video cable from the Blue Laser computer. It will obviously have to be returned soon, but that gives those of us that we’re trying to use the vinyl cutter now (at least three of us) a way forward.

However, I’ve encountered another oddity. The vinyl cutter program will not import my SVGs at all. They were created in Inkscape and were quite simple. I tried both the Inkscape native SVG and their plain export option. I finally had to export from Inkscape in PNG (96 dpi) to import them into Sure Cuts A Lot. They survived their trip to pixel-land and back, but that’s very odd. Anyone have any insight on that?

So @HannaKessler got the vinyl cutter working with the new computer, a vastly simpler solution. The serial connection with the new computer doesn’t work, but the vinyl cutter has a USB port too, and that connection works.

1 Like

Fantastic! I think previously ONLY the serial connection worked