VanLife SIG tonight

The #Vanlife SIG meets tonight at 7. Come share / show what you’ve been working on over this past month! If it rains, we’ll be inside in the multi-purpose room, otherwise in the back parking lot.

And let’s talk about what folks want out of this SIG. What would make these monthly get-together’s most fun / useful for our van converters? If you can’t make the meeting tonight, please post your thoughts on this thread.

3 Likes

I always look forward to the next #vanlife meetup. I find benefit in socializing with like minded individuals and drawing inspiration and motivation from their buildouts. It’s like show-and-tell for adults nice.

2 Likes

I have been wanting to attend the event but I got an injury. See you guys in the future events.

Is this on a calendar anywhere? I looked and thought the group was defunct again. I am just starting a Cargo Trailer to Camper build. Phase 1 is electrical service, electric tongue jack, mini-split, propane (outside only). I’ll need to do a little welding to make a tray for the propane. I am least knowledgeable about the A/C install and also have no clue about code for the electric system. Watched a bunch of videos on YouTube though, so surely I’m now a qualified electrician and A/C installation tech. :slight_smile: :joy:

I’m in the same boat about electrical. So far, everything I’ve installed is working but no idea if it’s all up to code. Is there anyone else in our community who knows about these things?

We’ve got another SIG meeting tonight at 7. I’ll bring my van and I’m guessing Eric will be there with his.

2 Likes

The meetings are currently the second Thursday evening of every month, but if attendance keeps being low (i.e., just Eric and I), I think it makes sense to change it to once a quarter.

For anyone wondering, all of our SIGs, demos, and showcases can be found on the Asmbly website under Classes + Events.

There is a vanlife SIG meeting tonight at 7. There is a good chance it’s going to be the last one, due to low interest and participation. I will be there with my van, Eric is out of town this week, so it might just be me, but I’ll have work to do to entertain myself, if that’s the case :slightly_smiling_face: