Vacuum Seal Bags?

I need to do a nylon print this weekend and need a vacuum seal bag to store the filament when I am finished, are there any in the lab? If not, where can I get one locally? I tried Lowe’s but they don’t seem to carry them.

I would imagine target or a similar store might sell them as food saver bags? not sure about size or anything, but possible

or could sell them as clothes packing bags, for larger versions

3 Medium Compression Bags Clear - Room Essentials™ : Target these are available at several local targets

Costco likely has something for vacuum sealing in a food storage way

You can get foodsaver stuff at hunting stores (eg Cabela’s or Bass Pro) too.

1 Like

Any bag that you can seal by removing the surrounding atmosphere whether that be the foodsaver bags or the ones that are used for packing and you hook a normal size vacuum cleaner up to will be sufficient enough to prevent the nylon from absorbing too much water. If the print is going to last for more than an hour or so then you would be better suited by printing from a dry box or else your filament will absorb too much water before the print is done.

Thanks everyone- got some bags from Bed, Bath, and Beyond last night.

If the print is going to last for more than an hour or so then you would be better suited by printing from a dry box or else your filament will absorb too much water before the print is done.

Good to know. I am doing an 11hr nylon print on Friday- will the X-MAX’s enclosure work to keep the moisture out? If not, and there are no dry boxes in the lab, I can probably use ABS.

No dry boxes in the lab…yet

Could the enclosed printer act as one?

Thats a very good question. It very well could but i don’t have a definite on that.

Well, I’ll find out and let you know in about two hours. I started a long print yesterday with the X-MAX sealed- no problems while I was there. I even went as far as to cover the opening on the top cover with a plastic bag.