UT Surplus Auction - MotionMaster CNC router 4x8 ft

The current UT Surplus auction has an item that may be of interest to some of the people at Asmbly.
https://swicoauctions.com/online/26/item/97600
This is their description of the item:
4x8’ table, 9” stroke, 9hp router motor, Fagor control unit, motion master blue computer station, 6 bits with holders, vice. BUYER MUST provide own loading equipment, item is too heavy for the forklift. … Condition:Unknown. Has now been stored outside for a couple months

1 Like

too bad its’ been outside for so long - there’s a lot of parts there that don’t tolerate weather very well. it might just be scrap.

It’s a strange beast, and I’ve wondered what it was designed for. It’s moving the whole, massive bed like a 3D printer instead of an XY gantry. This unfortunately means it needs twice the floor space too, since it needs room to push the bed out to either side. Also can be slow in the axis that moves the bed, due to tremendous mass.

If the floor is designed to shift opposite to the bed
then it can occupy only 150% of the floor space. :rofl:

1 Like

I’m going to go look at it. It sold before for a measly amount. I guess they couldn’t move it or changed their minds.

Are you planning at looking at it to use the whole machine, or salvage for parts?

CNC Jenga. Next big thing.

1 Like

Mostly likely for parts. If I can get it working then that would make my fleet cooler

This is an auction, and bidding for everything starts at $5. Most buyers at the UT surplus do not make serious bids until the last hour (or minutes) before closing. You can count on minimum bids from the people who resell for scrap based on the weight of the materials. If you are not familiar with the process, feel free to contact me.

Looks like it has an ATC. That would be a good score.