Tormach left in use?

I came in over the weekend to use the Tormach but it looks like someone left it without cleaning up or was still using it? On the off chance this was left like this intentionally or someone was in the middle of something I didn’t touch it or move anything. But I also didn’t see a note or anything and nothing was scheduled on skedda any time recently.

Is this anyone’s fixture jig or should I go ahead and remove it and clean it up. Was hoping to schedule the machine for use today.

1 Like

Thank you for reporting this information.

1 Like

That looks about like how it was left before the Maker Market. I can’t speak to the vise and stop, but the tool clutter is stuff that was left out on the cart or top of the Tormach that was we shuffled out of reach of sticky fingers.

I appreciate your empathy for other makers, but machines should always be cleaned up and returned to a neutral configuration at the end of a booking. If you’re booked on a machine, you’re always free to break down anything a prior user left behind.

5 Likes

You’re actually the second person to run into this. The other day I removed the zip tie that was holding the doors closed (a wise market precaution that should have been removed afterward) and told him to go ahead and use it, which he did, but I guess he decided to restore it exactly to its previous state rather than clean it up. If you could, please remove the ammonia bottle and all the tools, including removing the stop, and leave them on the Tormach toolbox/worktable.

1 Like

Ahhhhh that makes so much sense. Yes I’ll clean it up today and put everything back where it goes. Thanks for clearing that up @jonr @mgmoore

3 Likes