TIG Welding Course

Hey,
I’ve recently completed a stick & MIG welding course at ACC and am looking to take on a project of my own before beginning their intermediate course. Would I need to take a welding course with you to use the available welding machines? If yes, then is there interest in scheduling another one sometime this year? I see that there is a TIG course on 9/3, but I fear it is a little late for me to join that one.

One final question: do I need to complete woodworking course & purchase membership before taking a welding course with y’all, or can I take the course interdependently of membership status?

Thanks!
-Louis

We do ask people to take our class, so that you can learn the specifics of our setup and workflow. (Sometimes, for people with a lot of experience who are in a hurry, we will arrange faster one on one sessions.)

We do not require people to purchase membership before taking a class, but of course you will need to do so before using the equipment on your own. The only class required for membership is the orientation. The basic woodshop class is strongly encouraged, as almost everyone ends up using those machines occasionally (e.g., to cut a piece of scrap wood to help hold a piece).

We are currently performing a major reorganization of our metal shop area. Most of our big machines are usable again but the area is definitely chaotic. That’s led to an interruption of the regular classes, but more will be scheduled soon. (At some point soon, we will have a general metal shop class that will be a prerequisite to the others, but we haven’t finished that class’s design quite yet).

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll check the class schedule again sometime soon for updates.