This is a project needing some feedback

It’s been while hunkered down by Covid and then coming up with a new marketing platform for artists, (and makers) and nonprofits. I have a new project, a website, that’s a marketing platform for local artists’ work and along with that, supports nonprofits financially, informs people about their efforts and enhances goodwill.

I’m looking for some feedback. Thumbs up (or down).

I need a reality check - really. I have not run this by many artists. I wasn’t ready. But I was hoping to run the idea up the flagpole so to speak, and see if anybody would be interested in signing up and uploading some artwork - or projects that highlight what ASMBLY is all about. I’m hoping to educate the public about all the incredible things Austin does and supports including ASMBLY. And since ASMBLY is a nonprofit, ask if the board would like to update the information on the website? Open for discussion anyway.

I’m closer still a ways to launch. The website is still a little janky on a mobile phone. Working on that. Just looking for some honest feedback? midcourse correction? Ideas?

Below is one marketing idea to put local artist work in front of a lot of people in Austin throughout the year. Instead of Fredric Remington (the cowboy image below) I want to use local artists’ work. While people wait for their food from the kitchen, they could look at a bunch of art and learn about nonprofits at the same time. The QR code takes them to www.helps-austin.com.

Yoland’s tacos is not a real place. I just made it up to demonstrate the concept. The cards would go on restaurant foodservice stands. (Not all restaurants have these). For a donation by the restaurant to a nonprofit of their choice, they could purchase table cards that help local nonprofits and artists while earning goodwill themselves and customer loyalty.

image.png

I’d welcome some feedback or questions.

One thing I noticed immediately is that you use two adverbs which is grammatically incorrect and feels wrong to say. “Live Peacefully and Safely” works but “Live Peacefully Safely” doesn’t really

I suppose you mean “two adverbs which are grammatically incorrect”. :grin:

Fair enough lol. I ain’t no expert. Though I think I was correct because I was referring to the one thing I noticed which was the incorrect grammar not referring to the two incorrect adverbs.

2 Likes