Thank you for an AMAZING party! 🎉

Thank you thank you to everyone who helped with the party and everyone who came out to celebrate! Recap will come sometime over the next week, but in the meantime if you took photos or videos please upload them to our Google Drive — 2022 Anniversary Party - Google Drive

We will put them on a reel in the lobby TV in the coming weeks. I believe someone offered to do some video editing on it to put it all together. That will be really wonderful!

If you didn’t get to make it to the party, still sign the mural pieces while you’re at the space.

7 Likes

Thank you, Valerie. Everyone who participated worked hard.

One thjng that was clear to me was that the next time there is a public open house event like this, we need volunteers to man each space, preferably stewards or people who are equipped to answer questions or talk tech. I was camped out in the electronics space, and ended up as the informal rep for the space. Now I didn’t mind at all, but I got asked a lot of questions, of which i only knew the answer to some, and i wasnt even sure who to tell them to contact.

In hindsight, I wish we’d gotten ahead of that a bit more. Seems obvious now but didnt even occur to me beforehand to get some info to be able to answer questions. Forehead slap, duh, right?

Nonetheless. Food was good, people seemed excited, everyone worked hard and it was certainly a success by any measure.

4 Likes

It was a great party! Thanks to everyone who came out. And many thanks to everyone who helped get everything ready for the party!

4 Likes

@duskglow having volunteers in each shop area would have been good to have, however it is a big ask of members (especially for introverts). We went with the self-guided tour via brochure and QR codes (these were meant to be the things to reference for more info) in an attempt to reduce the pressure on members and allow it to be a more freeform fun social event for all. I think it turned out pretty darn well.

@Corey_H put together this great video of the event – Asmbly's 1 Year Anniversary Party! - YouTube
YouTube made me change the audio :cry: You can check out the original in the Google Drive folder here, but do please still watch and like the YouTube one!

I think it did too. That was intended to be a tiny bit of constructive criticism, not to say the event didn’t turn out well. I think everyone did a great job.

Yup, I gotcha. I’m just responding to explain the rationale we used to come to the decision not to do that for this particular event. It wasn’t an oversight, but rather a conscious choice. :slight_smile: