Tarkin behaving oddly with Lightburn Send Button

My usual workflow is to use the Send button to download my design to Tarkin, then use the on-device controls to actually run the job. Today, Send appears to do nothing, even though Lightburn says it sent the file. On-device File menu does not see my file, and the Frame button outlines some other file.

I can still use Lightburn’s Start button, but… what the heck? I definitely prefer the other workflow.

Actually, it gets weirder… When I use Start on a design with rastering, the raster layer just loops and loops — i.e. the laser engraves over the same area multiple times, apparently infinitely until I stop the machine.

I have tried rebooting Tarkin itself. Guess I will reboot the Windows machine for good measure (but that really shouldn’t be necessary).

The Ruida controller keeps jobs you load into memory using Send. It’s nonvolatile, does not get cleared with a reboot.

Eventually, the on-board memory will fill up and it will not allow you to use Send. If so it just needs to have the memory cleared.

This isn’t entire consistent with what you describe, but I think it’s probably the case

I wondered about that… but I think maybe this was a variation on that general issue, now that I figured out a workaround: I deleted an odd-looking file entry on the Ruida control. The top file entry showed up with no name, and was just a single diagonal line on the screen. I used the control panel to delete just that file… and the delete operation itself seemed to glitch a bit (the menus became unresponsive and flashed oddly) — but after that it behaved fine with my usual Send workflow.

I didn’t get around to trying to reproduce the infinite-raster behavior before I ran out of time. I’m now curious if that’s a totally separate glitch. I’ll see if I can maybe repro that next session.

Ran into this problem several times one of them yesterday. I believe you found the solution. What worked for me is delete the job files (numbered 1 - 80 I think) in the ruida controller itself. You can delete a single file or all the stored files but is a different process. Single file: press file scroll over to the right with the arrow buttons go down to where it says delete, press enter, wait until it gives you the “success press esc” command. If you dont wait for the command the controller is going to hang on til it catches up. In other words you can not send files and is either going to blank out or act weird. To delete all the stored files is further down the menu under memory but i may be wrong. Either way this one can take a little longer to process. The same problem happened to me yesterday but i only deleted a few files until i was able to get my stuff done. Sorry I was selfish. I usually delete all the files once a week but i have not been there in the last few weeks. Also, I think the controller does clean itself every so often. Im going to say every 30 days. Anyway, I figured it was thought in the class since no one else has mentioned it before.

As far as the infinite raster: dont think i fully understand. How many times it rastered the same image? It is possible that in your art work you may have several copies on top of each other? I noticed that light burn when I have transfered graphics from a clip art program, it transfers with several copies stacked on top of each other. I had one onstance where I had four copies on top of each other. Tale tale sign is a brighter bolder line. Also, while running the laser at the end goes back to home/origin and then starts over again without stopping but it should beep (sofware is telling the controller to do it). I know if you do this on pearl it will do it. As if you want to run the raster/vector two times, stack a copy on top of each other and it will do it. I have nit tried this on lightburn. If I remember next time, I’ll try it.

The file memory queue on the Ruida controller is limited to 99 (if memory serves). The simple solution to your problem is to delete the list. Most people will drive the laser from within Lightburn but those who choose to download files should know they won’t be preserved on the controller.

I was using clean vectors without duplicates. I’m fairly obsessive about checking that sort of thing. :upside_down_face:

I’m curious about what you’re saying here. Do you mean that your usual experience with the Start button on Lightburn is that it will automatically start over any given job with only a brief pause and a beep?