Sublimation onto cotton

I am trying to help a friend with the memorial for his father. My friend would like to have a quote from his father printed (sublimated) onto handkerchiefs to be given to the attendees. I’ve taken the class, but have no other experience, so I am very much a newbie. Looking on Amazon, most of the handkerchiefs there are 100% cotton, which do not sublimate well without treatment. I’ve looked up how to treat them and the products on Amazon, but I have not idea how much I need and I have never used them.

I have also found some 65% poly handkerchiefs on Amazon, but they don;t seem to have the traditional hems or stripes of men’s handkerchiefs. Those would be easiest to do sublimation on, but I’m not sure of the presentation.

So, I’m just kind of lost here and could use some advice from wiser (if not older) heads. I really would like to do this small thing for my friend.

What a wonderful gesture by both your friend and you—I think this a brilliant idea! I’m sorry I cannot be of help, but I wanted to lend my support and prayers for him, his family and friends.

Give these a look. They seem to be polyester, and so wouldn’t require coating

1 Like

I found these:

https://a.co/d/fBpZDgw

And

Ordered. Fast delivery as well.

I can think of other things to do with the bandanna sized ones. The others are just too uncertain on delivery. I just realized that people even a generation younger than me have very rarely seen a classic men’s handkerchief. I’m old…