Sublimation + Inkscape + 11x17

I’m struggling trying to printing 11”x17” sublimation paper from Inkscape. The output is not rotated in the Sawgrass Print Manager. Would someone be available to help me in the Textile area tomorrow (Sunday 4/14).

I’m teaching tomorrow from 11:30 to 1, and could help you a bit in advance of that class, if that helps.

Yes, please, after your class? About what time?

If you want to swing by just at 1, that would work. I can’t stay too late tomorrow.

I’ll be there at 1 pm and this might just be something silly on my part. I have an SVG created by Inkscape that I’m trying print on 11x17 in anyway possible while keeping the scale the same. See you then.

A follow up for those following this thread. Brian came in and we went through this together. What we learned:

Brian was trying to take the path of asking Inkscape to print to sawgrass print manager, and trying to let Inkscape open the print manager. One possible problem is that Inkscape is not listed as one of the supported design software programs.

Instead, we found it to behave as desired when Brian exported the files into a supported file format (jpg, .jpeg, .png, .bmp, .heic, .heif, .tiff, .pdf, .eps, .ps), and then went through the process to “open local file” from the PM icon in the tray. This should bring up the print manager dialog.

A reminder that while you can just print as you might to any other printer, your results will be far inferior to what you might get if you use the print manager software. An example of the differences are in the pictures of the roses on the wall on the right when you first walk into the textiles.

Thanks for the follow @stepho.

Ditto, thank you Stephanie, after your gracious help I was able to print my output and then sublimate them onto finished 1/4 birch plywood. Next step laser cutting!

It is odd that the Sawgrass print manager cannot handle SVG, given that it has become the modern standard for vector graphics files.

It’s a printer, not a plotter :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve had plenty of finicky print managing programs throw a fit when you give it an SVG.
SVG is everywhere on the web, but in printing the PDF is still the go to file format :face_vomiting: