Sublimated merit badge

On a continuing theme. Today I wanted to see if I could get the merit badge sublimation project to work. In prior attempts, the color faded out near the sewn edge.

I needed to figure out a way to allow for the heat press to more fully be in contact with the printable part of the patch. For this, I tried thick silicone sheets.

Then came some mucking around with time and temperature, and how to layer it all up. In the end, I got the good result on the top left with the following:

  • 400 F
  • 120 seconds
  • thin silicone sheet on top
  • small disc of felt below

Design courtesy of @michleon100


Sliced my finger today! I’ll take one of those haha