Shasta Trailer - wheel well

Hey I was going to see if anyone had any suggestions, I bought this old shasta trailer to convert, when taking up the flooring and wheel well covers I found that one of the wheel wells is very damaged…sort of like the metal part has been pushed up and there is a hole in the floor. I was wondering if people had ideas on maybe a repair or replacement, I attached some pictures.

I would cut the old ones out and install new ones.
https://a.co/d/ehUXU7J

Repairing sheet metal is a lot of work.

By “metal part” do you mean the frame of the trailer? That would be very bad, that is a structural issue. Do you have any images from underneath, around where the suspension attatches? If you haven’t already, I would highly recommend a thorough inspection of the underside.

Best of luck.

-Wolf

Is that “two-by” structure a recent addition?

What is causing the brown floorboard on the left side, to lift?

The metal wheel well took a hit. I think that is causing the uplift in the brown wood? Hopefully it is just replacing the wheel well and some minor work on the brown part.

Hey Joe
Are you onboard this project? I am certain that you will ensure a sound repair.
If I may add, the joinery, if one could call it such, on the 2x structure is atrocious.
Not intended to get anyone’s knickers in a bunch. Just pointing out a serious flaw.

Peace, Wolf

Hey Wolf,

I’m just offering advice. I forget sometimes you have a lot of trailer repair experience. The more good advice the better.

That is cool.

More advice is usually welcome. Offering advice by text gets sketchy, since some folks take constructive advice as negative criticism, not sayin you or Alex do. As you know, I have a rep as being rude or uncaring. I admit that I don’t beat around the bush and speak matter of factly. However, I do not intend to be rude or uncaring. We are all adults.

Currently, I am not technically a member. I needed to use the funds elsewhere. I do like supporting ASMBLY and the access it offers.
Maybe, I shouldn’t be offering any advice, right now.

That said. Alex, if you want more help/advice, let me know.

Hey by the way, is your dad Eric Lundquist?

Hey guys thanks for the advice it looks like a really small damage in the frame underneath but is mostly the wheel well that caused the floor to lift. And yes my dad is Eric.