Shark CNC cutting brass

Not my project. Just wanted to post that the Shark cnc is rocking at cutting brass. The machine has vcarve on it and the cutting software. It is a little bit of a time saver. Classes are coming up for it.

5 Likes

Do you know that… If I’ve already take the Big CNC course, do I now have to take a Small CNC course?

I believe @csader was doing classes for people who already did the training on the larger machine? I

thanks

If I recall, there are some notable setup (setting?) differences, so it isn’t a perfect 1:1 between it and the big wood CNC

The software to operate the router is different. The post processor is different. The choice in terms of the post processor is moot since it should be the only choice. The speed control is manual. The rest is basically the same.

Thanks @JoeN

Brian,

There are important differences between the two CNC. If you’d like a quick overview of the differences then look at the Windows Desktop of the Shark PC. We’ve placed a list there as a reminder for people who go through the certification class with @csader.

Describing the certification as “training” would be a bit strong. It’s more like an orientation that ends with demo cut. The point is not to teach you CNC; knowing CNC is a prerequisite. The Shark uses Vcarve software but a different CAM software. The Shark doesn’t have end stops so planning boundaries is an issue. Hold down is a T-track clamping system, dust collection is a shop vac, etc. We just want you and the CNC to stay safe so we stress what’s different.

The Shark HD3 is a lovely little option which is rarely used.

Get certified and rarely ever find it not available!

Thanks

Not 100% sure if it’s the same project, but I saw @alowry721 brass work from the Shark CNC when he was etching it with Dorian. It looked really awesome and really inspired me on the capabilities of both these machines.