Shaper Trace

Looks like a few members have received their Shaper Trace. Time for some in person demos @David?

There is an upcoming online event tomorrow, Oct 12th.

Any plans for an informal meetup or demonstration David? I believe @TravisGood may want to bring it to the next CNC Sig meeting he’s able to attend.

2 Likes

Be happy to demo the Trace for any audience. So far beyond a paper and pen sketch Trace has been able to capture drawings from books, computer screens and red marker on a whiteboard. Trace fits in my bag and will probably start carrying it with me.

1 Like

Note: This Session is all about Shaper Trace.

Trace is Shaper’s latest tool, enabling you to go from sketch to vector in seconds. Follow along on this Session as we unbox a new Trace kit and show you how it works! To help you get the best results, we’ll cover every feature, share our recommended do’s and dont’s, and demonstrate a few community-inspired projects.

Trace is an easy-to-use way of getting vectors for everything from CNC and Lasers to Vinyl Cutters and Plotters. It’s definitely worth learning about.

2 Likes

I’m still waiting on mine to arrive

1 Like

I’m sure there will be lots of ad hoc demos of this, but it would also be great to get some official things on the calendar we can let people know about!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that video. I like that the host tested it on a signature. I’m enthusiastic about making the “draw it / scan it / vectorize / cnc-it” kata as easy as possible.