Sewing machine red-tagged (resolved)

I red-tagged the juki sewing machine because I couldn’t find any sewing machine oil in the loft area. I’m assuming that if sewing machine oil isn’t readily accessible it means that the machine likely isn’t being oiled regularly enough. My recommendation is to only remove the defective sticker after sewing machine oil and oiler are placed nearby with instructions on how and when to oil the machine, or if someone is regularly maintaining the machine.

If no one else is maintaining that machine I’d be willing to learn more about maintaining it and be the point person for it, or help out whomever is in charge of it. Just let me know.

how to lubricate the machine

1 Like

I have machine oil, and I’ll bring it in tomorrow evening

3 Likes

I was hoping to drop off the oil bottle tonight but ran out of time, so I’ll have to drop it off tomorrow or something. Even without a spout you can probably hit a lot of those oil points and at least the wick on top of the machine.

2 Likes

Someone (I’m assuming @deathraylabs) left some oil sitting here, so I went ahead and oiled all the points shown in the manual, and removed the red tag. Let me know if theres anything else that needs to be done.

2 Likes

That was @stepho who left the oil. I have another bottle I’ll drop off sometime soon. Thanks for oiling it and removing the red tag @gordoa40

1 Like

Appreciate you three giving this machine some love!!!

1 Like