Sewing/Craft Loft Booking on Skedda - NOW OPEN!

I’m looking to do a little more leatherworking in the future, and may want to take advantage of the loft in the space and potentially try out the sewing machine. Currently, the Sewing/Craft Loft is not bookable in Skedda. Is this area closed for now?

Hey @gordoa40! The only thing preventing it from becoming bookable in Skedda is some basic sanitation guidelines being established. If you could write something up here that would open the space up. This doc gives some instructions on creating a sanitation guide. I can add a reservation in Skedda outside your weekly allotted hours for this if you want to work on this while at the space. I know it can be easier to write something like this up when you’re there in person looking at stuff. The space could probably use a little TLC. If you see things that we ought to have up there, reach out and let us know.

also tagging @kye in case she has anything to add (she’s a leatherworking fan)

1 Like

Thanks @valerie, I’ll look into writing a sanitation guide for it. I’m a bit busy for the next few days, but I’ll let you know if I want to go there and check it out soon.

2 Likes

Thanks, y’all, it would be great to get Carmen from Tandy back teaching classes – the leather space needs some love, and a couple of other recent folks are very interested in it as well – I’ll tag them too so y’all can coordinate. @Ba-lakeh @praktis

1 Like

@kye, I really want to help out. Unfortunately, I just don’t have the time right now.

Things have gotten busy and I haven’t had the chance to make any progress on this. Perhaps in the next week or two I can take a look and develop sanitization procedures. It really shouldn’t be too difficult, just need to budget some time.

1 Like

I was able to get some time and wrote up some cleaning and sanitizing procedures for the sewing/craft loft. I didn’t have edit access to the actual document, so perhaps someone can copy/paste my document into the real one. Also can do any revisions necessary, I wasn’t totally sure what was required. Looking forward to being able to book the space. @valerie

1 Like

Thank you so much @gordoa40! I moved it over to the main doc here

The space is now open for booking!

3 Likes