Sawstop Rebuild Success!

Thanks to Maz Salimi and Charles Leininger for helping with the Sawstop rebuild. The dust turned out far worse than we expected. Dust layered directly under the table. And an inch of dust under the saw itself. After we had it all cleaned up, we moved it, and yikes! Tons of sawdust underneath.

Accomplished today:
Top removed, full cleaning and lubrication internally
Internal inspection for wear (in generally good condition)
New center table (miters on old table were worn and out of true)
New legs on extension table, along with reinforcement
Re-leveled, and adjusted to outfeed table
New rulers
New fence face plates
Floating dust collector install (great for sheet goods)

Do NOT trust the sleds until you check them out. They were tuned to the old table. Hopefully they will need only minor adjustments.
The old miter slots were wider in the front than in the back, which might lead them to be a bit wobbly in the new table. It may also be time to build some new sleds to go with the new table. Volunteers?

6 Likes

WOW! Thank you all. What a great upgrade for the shop.

(And that sawdust underneath? I’m both not surprised and very surprised :exploding_head:)

3 Likes

Wonderful, and thank you.

As far as cross-cut sleds go, I had been considering making one, with some built-in rulers and a rail for stops and clamps. I’ll bump it up my priorities list, but no promises yet.

3 Likes

Sweet! Thanks for the hard work.

2 Likes

Awesome job guys! Thank you all so much for taking this project on. That dust collection arm is so cool. Looking forward to pretty much all those sleds disappearing/getting replaced. Not sure there is a single one of them in decent shape.

3 Likes

Thank you. I saw how much work went into the job. You guys rock!

1 Like

Appreciate it!