Sawgrass Sublimation printer issues resolved

With the help of their tech support, I’ve gotten the sublimation printer back to a state where the chromatic aberration has gone away. This involved some extensive realignment as well as an extensive cleaning of some of the internal guts of the machine.

The testing I did today had everything lining up as I would expect it to be.

However, I would like anyone who uses it to alert me immediately if you start to notice any problems with your images being ‘fuzzy’ or if you see any amount of color offset.

For context

Before - if you look just to the right of the vertical line of this plus, you can see a shadow of magenta that shouldn’t be there. This was before I did the work today.

After - now it looks like this

3 Likes

Thank you for all of your help in getting this solved!!

2 Likes

Thanks a million for staying on top of this @stepho. I’ll admit to my untrained eye, I wouldnt have ever seen a problem. Glad to have you keeping the quality to high standards.

2 Likes

Definitely less obvious in the specific example pictures, for sure

It became apparent when folks were printing things with fine line detail. Summer’s pet pictures were the most obvious problem. Their stuff was just coming out blurry, where it had been nice and crisp previously.

The artwork photographed here I used most recently for debugging was the creation of @michleon100 for the print-to cut demo, but also happened to be really helpful in this specific situation!

Thanks for doing this. Glad my print and cut demo found new purpose in life!

Michael