Rock and Roll bed frames

I’m getting ready to hit the road in my 2016 Honda Odyssey for some (mini)Van Life adventures in my retirement. My cat’s not so sure about my decision, but that’s another discussion. I believe the best sleeping solution for this limited space is a 30” x 75” rock ‘n’ roll bed. I’d like to make something nice but I’m new to Asmbly and woodworking. Though I’ve watched several YouTubes on the subject there is one I like best. My first problem appears to be drawing up a plan. Most plans are for twin beds and I’m making a cot/marrow twin. Does anyone have a resource for that? The second would be wood selection. The third would be hardware (I hear there’s a problem when using aluminum with steel (I missed this lecture in chemistry). So help of all kinds is appreciated.

The problem with aluminum and steel is called “galvanic corrosion”. Corrosion can occur with dissimilar metals when exposed to water. Insulating the metals helps. That is about all I know. If you google search “galvanic corrosion” you’ll get lots of information.

Thanks. I saw a couple having to redo some work due to corrosion. I think the key is to choose one.

Just discovered a new metal/aluminum source in Pflugerville, Metal Supermarkets | Buy Aluminum, Stainless, Hot Rolled and Cold Rolled Steel stopped by and much cheaper than metal4you. Ask for Sara she was great assistance.

Stainless fasteners in aluminum can experience galvanic corrosion

Nonetheless, stainless is still the preferred fastener for aluminum

Small screws can seize up in the aluminum sometimes. This prob becomes significant of you are removing small countersunk hex bolts as they strip easily (countersunk uses a smaller hex key than socket or button cap for the same thread dia). Not a big prob with other types. And rarely does this corrosion weaken the fastener for normal use, it just complicates removal

If it’s on a boat or out in the rain, the stainless bolt can streak due to galvanic corrosion where it touches aluminum even though the bolt, being stainless, wouldn’t corrode on its own under the same conditions. This is unlikely to come up in a bed frame build anyways

An antiseize compound on the threads during installation is recommended to ensure they can later be removed easily

Thanks! I think I got it now.