Retro Coffee Table

Wanted to show off the progress of the retro coffee table I’m working on with the pixelated mushroom from Mario. This way, I can track my progress and keep myself accountable.

Thanks to the help from everyone when it came to figuring out how to do the base construction of the tabletop, I’m almost at a point where I’m ready for the glue up itself. I have made all the cuts and have managed to assemble the design, now I need to cut a substrate to size, give that a wood edge, and do my glue up. After that, I’ll just have the base of the table left.

6 Likes

Man that is gonna be rad

looks awesome! How much wood did you start with? I am thinking of making a few for Classic Games Fest

I also have a cut list if that’ll help at all. Final size is 36x54 before border to frame the inlay on the plywood substrate

Thanks!

Correction, 32x54

That’s looks amazing already! Love seeing the progression of this project. Please keep posting pictures here as you work on it!

Also, definitely come to CGF!

You know, I’ve wanted to try being a vendor at a con for the longest time. Maybe I’ll work on making a number of retro gaming themed stuff like coasters, cutting boards, etc and try selling them? Noticed the vendor slots come with passes.

1 Like