[Resolved w/ reboot] Tarkin Scaling off

I cut a 1" square on Tarkin this morning and it cuts ~ 1.38" by 1.38" so i restarted everything and got the same results. I tried scaling my square in lightburn to 72.5% (1/1.38) and I get a 1.11" x 1.11" square.

I exported and then imported the device and tried to edit the imported version to see if there were setting related to scaling but there were none.

Thoughts?

Clay
DM and I’ll send you my phone number if you have ideas.

Odd. FWIW, I cut several designs on Wednesday night and scaling seemed right on.

This does bring up a question of process: should this kind of glitch constitute a red tag? I mean, as long as the scaling is linear, it is at least possible to work around it and still use the machine. But if anyone doesn’t know about the issue, it’s also a fine way to accidentally ruin expensive material.

Do we have any process these days for something like a “Yellow Tag” – i.e. could we put a visible tag on the machine that says “basically functional, but beware of caveat X”?

Also, tagging @dannym as the deep expert on Tarkin.

To @J-LoM 's point - it’s probably always useful to put a physical note on the machine with a head’s up about the issue/problem/unexpected behavior experienced (for the near-term users). And then also have that note also mention a Discourse post just like this one.

4 Likes

I was guessing this was a Kerf offset accidentally being set in the layer settings, but he said that’s not set.

He rebooted the PC and laser and it seems fixed

Hmm. Perhaps a case of sticky settings in the Ruida controller? We’ve hypothesized in the past that such a thing could happen. Hard to say if the bug is actually in Ruida or LB if that’s what’s happening, though. Just speculating.

There is no setting in the ruida that I can think of that would do this. He reported a fixed Kerf offset regardless of rectangle size so it didn’t screw up it’s xy scaling and the controller has no offset function