Resolved - Shop Dust Collector

The shop dust collection system is down. Not powering on. Any machines requiring the dust collection are offline until issue is resolved, or vacuum workarounds in place.

Perhaps it would be nice if there could be some sort of warning on Skedda so people don’t come to mill a bunch of boards and only check the forums after unloading :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Skedda has many limitations beyond our control. Because the woodshop is a very general area reservation, there is no way to communicate one piece of equipment in that area being down. However, I have reserved the first reservation slot to try and communicate this issue.

All members should subscribe to the “Red Tag” section of our forum in order to stay apprised of equipment issues, and check it before going into the space. Red Tag - YO! Asmbly

4 Likes

We have implemented some workarounds for the shop. Please review this posting before going in to use the woodshop.

One of our members loaned us a dust collector that is now connected to the jointer.

The rest of the machines either have a dust collection system separate from the main system, or can be used with a shop vac. The only machine not connected to a dust collection system is the large belt sander. Signs have been posted on machines with instructions on dust collection.

Table Saws:
Vacuum out under the cabinet after use. Press FIRMLY on the red button in order to open the latch.

Router:
Connect the shop vac to the top gate while using. Vacuum out the router box after use.

25-50 Belt Sander:
Connect shop vac.

Sanders:
Please use the shop vac.

We are working to get the main dust collection system back up and running as quickly as possible. The good news is that the motor is working just fine. The problem seems to be in the electronics.

1 Like

Problem resolved. All it took was to press a reset switch. Why it’s not documented in the manual, and why support had to escalate to upper level support is beyond me. For future reference, here is the location on the board. It’s the blue button, the one that does not appear to be a button at all. Laguna support is getting my lowest rating.

All equipment is back on the standard vacuum system. Now get busy making! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Im surprised they did not offer to sell you a new one with a new awesome customer support instead.

1 Like