[Resolved] Pearl is red tagged

More information to come

Danny managed to get this fixed quickly, so Skedda is cleared of the red tag

1 Like

I tried to use Perl last night around 8pm. The bed Z axis would not move up. Down worked. I filed a problem report.

Clay Douglass

Do you have more info on this? The bed is all the way down and I am not seeing it move up at all.

Fixed. I’ll have to write up a fix for this on the wiki.

Basic prob is this system combined the limit switches for both high and low limits of the z. It has one pin that trips if either sensor is triggered and the firmware tries to make assumptions about which one it is.

There’s some way to confuse it where it’s sitting on the low limit switch but the firmware believes that the high limit switch is triggered, so it will let you try to jog down but not up. Cycling power won’t resolve that condition.

We need to rehome the z properly, but the firmware z-home will see the limit switch is already tripped and believes it’s on the high limit, not low. So it will only try to jog down, and the homing will not work.

The fix I could find was to power down the machine and manually turn the belt to the z screw to lift the bed until it’s off the lower z limit sensor. Then power it back on and perform a z-home, which will work as long as the bed isn’t already sitting on the limit switch at the start. It’ll move like 1/4" down then declare it homed and the z position changes from 0 to 7. Then it’s in range and the z will jog correctly.

Manually moving that z belt while powered off is a pretty difficult thing to do, though. I’ll ask ULS, this probably isn’t the right way to resolve it. I’m also not sure how this condition is created.

It’s fixed now, though.

3 Likes

This happened again, I’m not sure how to move the z axis so I’m just reporting it as an issue

@ma343 I fixed it manually this evening. It is good to go