Rabbeting Bit Available?

I was wondering if anyone knows if the shop had any 1/4" or 1/2" rabbeting bits for the router. I’m trying to make a small 90 degree notch in the edge of my piece and a rabbeting bit would be perfect for it.

-Matt

You can also do rabbets on the table saw.

Unfortunately I’m trying to get an edge on the inside of a cavity, so I won’t be able to get the table saw blade to fit inside without cutting pieces off.

If you perhaps had a photo we could see to give the best option available, that would be splendid.

Sorry for the posh verbiage. I’m watching 8 out of 10 cats does countdown. If you’ve never seen it. It’s brilliant

I think in general router bits are like drill bits - there are a bunch lying around, but we don’t strive to maintain any particular inventory. They tend to come and go as they dull or people leave single-use bits behind for others to use.

Rabbeting bits are common enough I’d be a little surprised if there wasn’t one in a drawer somewhere, but I couldn’t make any promises.

1 Like

I will look around for some thank you. I attached the photos of a piece I am working on that I would like to router. I would basically like to open up all the edges of the cavity slightly to make room for a lid to fit in the piece and close up the cavity.