Purposeful, Good Value Stock

It’s probably old news to y’all but today I visited Harvest Lumber for the first time. They focus on urban lumber and work to find new uses to keep the wood from decay and worsening global warming. For us that can translate to good deals.

I saw some wonderful bowl turning stock. There were slabs galore. Their dimentional lumber isn’t abundant but there was a quite a bit to choose from. They’re not going to always have exactly what you want which argues for visiting them frequently. Their inventory changes based on what wood comes their way.

Below are pictures I took while there: 641 Tillery St.

4 Likes

Thanks for the pictures. I’ve been wondering about this place, and I appreciate hearing about your visit

2 Likes

^^ what Stephannie said, almost exactly – she beat me to it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m a big Harvest Lumber fan. I first learned about them at a Broads and Boards meetup at their shop. I’ve gotten lots of slabs and some dimensional spalted pecan from them. Awesome selection and really cool people. When COVID isn’t a thing anymore, we will do some sort of event with them.

1 Like

I also enthusiastically recommend Harvest. They have a bunch of reclaimed old growth Douglas Fir that I’m just itchy to build something with.

And great coffee next door at Flitch!

Yep. Great shop. Flitch is also great coffee. One of the owner’s wife runs Flitch, and he also runs the custom furniture business out of the building, some of which is used for benches and tables outside at Flitch. If you follow them on Instagram, you might catch some of the great pieces they come across. They had some cottonwood slabs a few months back that were yummy.

Surprisingly they also keep a current inventory of their larger wood on the website.

1 Like