Prusa in the house! SXSW EDU (Building closed) Monday, March 6 7PM

Prusa will be at Asmbly, Monday March 6, from 7 to 9 ish, as part of SXSW EDU.
The building will be closed for scheduling during those times. The Woodshop and CNC will be closed starting at 6.

Facebook post from Prusa.

It is open and free, but they do prefer you respond on Eventbrite.

2 Likes

Is Woodshop safety class still on for that night?

Prusa is Monday. Class is Wednesday. Though your question did point out that I had Mar 8 in the text of the message. Now corrected to Mar 6.

1 Like

This is now added to our event calendar as well!

1 Like

The facebook post says UTC+1 :thinking:
MONDAY, MARCH 6, 2023 AT 7:00 PM UTC+01

Weird, it’s definitely Central Time.

Want to join for this, but sadly by time I found out, tickets are sold out on eventbrite

I’m not sure what that means. There are no “tickets”; they requested that we respond via EventBrite, Will they really be turning anyone who didn’t respond away? Is that even permissible if they are Asmbly members? (We can decide to do that; I don’t think they can.)

Yes, I saw that. Like I said, I don’t know what “Sold Out” means when they didn’t sell tickets and called the event “open”.

They mentioned wanting to try to keep it to around 50 attendees, I think mostly for pizza manageability. Asmbly members are welcome to attend regardless of ticket status given they are also willing to answer people’s questions about Asmbly if asked :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Eventbrite is a purely ticket-based system when it comes to events, so if it’s being posted through eventbrite, has to have some form of online ticketing, even if those aren’t presented. Anyhow, I’ll be there, likely won’t be hungry anyhow so I won’t be eating.