Prusa 3D printers are not working

Hi,

I tried to do some prints on all 3 Prusa 3D printers last Thursday. None of them were working… Actually one of them was but either the bed or the plate was wrapped. My half of print did not stick onto the plate. So the part came out deformed. Could anyone help fix the issues with those 3 Prusa printers, please?

Ps: I also notice the new desktops. So the Prusa slicer software maybe weren’t tuned?

Thanks,
Hill

Any pictures of the print from the one that was working?

How were the other two not working- was Octoprint down?

The printers are largely unmodified and PrusaSlicer is designed to be out-of-the-box compatible with Prusa’s own printers, so it can’t be that as long as you’re using the official PrusaSlicer Prusa i3 MK3S+ profiles and decent quality filament.

Notice the right side is not on the ground. The first layer was only half sticked on the plate. I did several print on it; no success. I think this is SunWuKong Prusa 3D printer. The Prusa on the most left of the cabinet didn’t print at all after loading the code( it kept calibrating itself). The one in the middle did terrible first layers that was deformed on the surface.

I was able to load Octoprint successfully.

If someone could go check on it and recalibrate the printers, it would be great!

What material is this?

PLAs; The black rolls that are already in the cabinet

Looks to me like the bed might just need to be cleaned, and given the pointy corners you might want to consider printing with a brim or “mouse ears” to prevent warping.

@pearlgreymusic do we recommend isopropyl alcohol to clean the beds?

More generally, it looks to me like you may have some minor underextrusion issues as well.

That’s the SunWuKong printer I believe. We might have to look into the other two printers as well.

I’m printing on Apollo and Hermes right now, both have good adhesion plate currently. I’ve done a few prints over the last few days with no problems on those two.

Cleaning the bed before a print is a pretty standard practice, especially in a community shop. Not sure there’s much to look into other than cleaning them and trying your prints again, maybe checking your print settings to make sure your flow rate isn’t wonky.

IPA is my favorite way to clean off printer beds. It does a great job of handling garden-variety oils and residues, and it has a much lower risk of killing electronics if it splashes somewhere it shouldn’t, and it dries itself up almost instantly.

Is this yours? This was the same issue I had with Apollos last week…

Your other print with Hermes looks like is a success.

Yeah, I’ll be at the space later and will trouble shoot it

What’s the best setting for 1.75mm PLA filament on the Prusa? What’s the nozzle size for all three machines?

I just installed the Prusa slicer on my own laptop. So it’s asking me a bunch of questions on the printers I’m using.

I’m getting some spider webs on my prints with this setting.

Nozzle size is 0.4mm. For the other settings it depends on the part geometry and use case.