Prescription safety goggles?

Do these exist (mainly looking for impact goggles). I don’t like wearing safety glasses over my normal ones.

Sure do. I only found a handful of places in town that have frames to try on so I wound up ordering online. Unfortunately the cheap lenses were garbage (at least in my prescription), but my regular optometrist was able to order decent ones from their lab and fit them.

I ordered from https://safetygearpro.com

The other option of course is to get contacts to wear when you need goggles.

I have a pair from zenni and a pair from stoggles

Zenni has better lens but stoggles look cooler

Zenni pinches my head esp under over ear hearing protection

Stoggles has better side eyeball protection

Either company has multiple frame types

Ahhh I didn’t realize to check Zenni, I buy frames from em all the time!

Slightly different use case - for (us older) folks who need readers for close up stuff, but don’t have need for a distance prescription, I have these safety glasses with a flip up reader. They look stupid as hell, but are very useful for when you need both focal lengths to be clear, but don’t want to change out safety glasses

1 Like

Last time I got my eyes checked, I went to a MyEyeLab in North Austin somewhere and they had safety glasses you could get prescriptions in. I picked up a pair for the shop and the gun range and they’re pretty comfortable at least for the minimal use I put them through. Haven’t pulled an eight hour day in them.

I got a “wraparound” style of safety glasses, in lieu of the ones with a flatter lens and side protectors. The curved lens is quite different than my normal glasses, and when I switch it’s a little weird for a half hour or so… Just something to keep in mind. I also ordered online and the frame fit is not the best, wished I could have tried them on first.