Powdercoating- Current services, future DIY space?

I’d love to have some of my metal projects powdercoated.

Looking for recommendations for local services that can do powdercoating of smaller (as small as a coin) metal pieces. As much as I love DIY, I’ve determined this is not something I can do at my apartment complex.

On top of that, want to see what the current interest is for DIY powdercoating at ASMBLY. I found this old thread [NPO Tools] - Powdercoating @jimbojsb @JoeN @jamesfreeman and I’d like to add my interest to this.

Let me preference this post by saying I have no personal experience in home powder coating.

I’ve been seeing quite a few YouTube videos on home powder coating and they’re getting very good results. One company I recall being reviewed is

Here’s a link to video I saw the other day from blondiehacks: https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=PhwXnmctAhw&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F&source_ve_path=Mjg2NjY&feature=emb_logo

I hope this is helpful…

We don’t currently have any space to put that, but it is definitely on our radar for the future space.

I use CrossLink, mainly because it’s close to my house, which makes it reasonably close to the shop as well. Not sure about the size thing, but they have treated me very well.

I remember watching this a while back and finding it interesting.

I have a warmer and cooler box from a commercial kitchen that is missing the insulation. The internal dimensions is 23" x 26" x 24.5". The box is stainless and if it is wired in nicely. It will look professional. The door has a similar handle as a commercial freezer door. Also it would need a stand with wheels. The base could be used to store the powder and spray gun. The footprint would not be much bigger than the internal dimension.

There are some other questions about spraying the powder. I have been thinking of using a large cabinet to spray the part inside. The base would have a dust port to vacuum. This part is not well thought out yet.

Needs:
-Electrical (wire at least 10 ga, Nema 6-50p, and etc)
-mineral wool insulation Mineral Wool
-Metal junction box Junction Box
-2 pid temp controllers with k type thermocouples PID
-2 oven resistive heaters Amazon

I would gladly donate the box if someone is interested in installing the items. If someone is interested, I will ask Asmbly to purchase the items. Let me know if I missed anything?

There are quite a few powder coating gun options. Minimally we would need a dual voltage gun. It allows close and farther away spraying for larger parts.

Industrial guns use a pressure pot with the ability to adjust the voltage from 10-100KVs.