Please leave only compliant laser scrap

This stuff is not scrap. Bits of it could be, but would need to be cut away from the rest so it can fit on the cart. Leaving it against the wall is not acceptable.

Large “L” shape remnants like this that have sufficient usable scrap must be cut into two rectangles to be placed in the scrap bin

8 Likes

Thank you for posting this @dannym!

Here’s some more visual guidance on this topic – Laser Scrap Cart — Yays and Nays - YouTube

1 Like

I love the fact that we have so much scrap available in such a wide variety of materials… I’ve often found seriously-useful bits in there to test, learn, or make quick jigs and such out of.

But yeah, I hope we communally get better at managing the scrap bins as a community resource.

I would like to add one more suggestion to encourage a helpful habit: If you finish a job and your scrap has long, skinny and/or irregular spindly bits sticking out, just spend an extra 2 minutes in LightBurn and draw some quick straight lines to cut your scrap up into pieces that are at least a little bit closer to rectilinear. That makes the bin itself sooooooo much easier to sort and browse. And, like seriously – you already have the cutting power and focus dialed in. Please just push a couple more buttons to improve the experience for everyone in the future, including future you.

3 Likes

Kudos to the wonderful person who left an especially-tidy stack of acrylic bits in the bin. Not only were these remnants cut into 100% Swiss-cheese-free rectangles for super easy use, the 5mm pieces happen to be perfect for my current prototyping runs. Whoever you are, you saved me from cutting into my much larger sheet of clear 5mm!

(This was extra useful, since my overly-clever idea for an LED tea-light holder didn’t really work out — at least this draft of the design. Research continues…)

2 Likes

I wanna thank whoever left behind this heart shaped piece of scrap.
I’ve been meaning to make a sign for my front door because I get a lot of unwanted visits in the day time, and it disturbs my dogs.

1 Like